Wednesday 27 February 2008

Chicken and Vegie Soup


I realise that is not a picture of the post title. That is not chicken soup. Duh. But I didn't take a picture of it tonight, and I won't scar you with pictures of the remains.

However, I *did* make a fairly nice, simple chicken soup for dinner, so I'm putting the recipe up here.

Ingredients:
3/4 Litre of Chicken Stock (Would use 1/2 L next time)
Small handful of cooked, roughly shredded chicken (Would use even less chicken less time, maybe half a handful)
1 baby carrot, sliced (Would use 2+ baby carrots next time)
125g can of corn kernals, including liquid
Half a red capsicum, diced
Small handful of shell pasta (Probably use a different sort of pasta next time, maybe even noodles)

1. Bring some water to a boil in a some saucepan and start cooking the shells. This could probably be done in the stock along with everything else, but I was a bit unsure.
2. Put the stock on the stove and get it bubbling but not boiling.
3. Put corn, corn liquid, capsicum and carrots in. Stir occassionally.
4. When pasta is al dente (I think?), ie, just cooked, soft enough to eat but definitely still a bit firm, drain them from the water and tip them into the stock.
5. Add the shredded chicken and stir occassionally until the chicken is heated through.

This was quite nice, although it didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped. Next time, more vegies, less chicken and a bit less stock. It's pretty much a generic chicken soup recipe, but I like it.


Wolverine

No comments: